Summer is just around the corner! The hot season is wonderful for sharing with family, friends and neighbors. People love to enjoy dinner on the patio, block parties, and outdoor gatherings by serving tasty and healthy foods in summer. Our food recipes are the perfect staples because they are so versatile and have their authentic deliciousness. Here, I’m going to share some healthiest 20 ways to eat Hummus, a lip-smacking dip or spread.
Hummus – A Traditional Middle Eastern Dish
Hummus is one of the best Mediterranean foods which has definitely become popular throughout the Middle East, North Africa and European countries around the globe. It is nutritious, creamy and delightfully tasty spread and dip that is considered as the perfect alternative to most dips and spreads that you find in grocery stores. Hummus derives from the Arabic word حمّص (ḥummuṣ), meaning “chickpeas”. So, this delectable dip is traditionally made from cooked and mashed chickpeas, blended with tahini, lemon juice, salt, garlic, and topped with olive oil.
Hummus, humus, houmous and hommos are the common spellings of this dish that are listed in US dictionaries. Although you can make it on your own but you can also buy it from local grocery stores. In America, it has become everyone’s favorite staple. The New York Times stated that the hummus industry has grown from just a $5 million dollar business 15 years ago, to one that totaled $530 million at US food retailers in 2012. Nowadays, there are various flavors available from lemon to horseradish. Hummus with baby carrots perhaps crowns the list of healthy snacks in America as it is super delicious, portable and affordable.
As a dip and appetizer, hummus is commonly served with Pita bread. This savory dip is absolutely amazing and irresistible. Apart from this, it provides protein and fiber which help you feel fuller for a long time. If you don’t like hummus, read these great reasons. I bet you’ll love to eat hummus every single day of your life.
Health Benefits of Eating Hummus
Hummus is one of the most amazing dishes that hold the Guinness world record. In 2010, a large plate of Hummus was made in Beirut which was weighed 23,520 pounds. It was the biggest plate of Hummus that ever exists. There are many different ways hummus can be incorporated in meals, and snacks are absolutely appetizing. Here are 20 different ways to eat this meal. These delectable ways will sure you to eat more and more.
2. Egg, Tomato and Kale Wraps with hummus, a perfect combination
3. Hummus and Avocados? Definitely Adorable!
4. Don’t ignore tradition. Stick hummus with Falafel
5. Quinoa and Hummus twisted eggs
6. Steak and hummus sandwich has a divine taste
7. Hummus with red peppers, Yummy!
8. Mushrooms and Hummus soup, unbelievably scrumptious!
9. Sushi roll stuffed with hummus and rice? Yup
10. Grilled Pizza with spicy hummus, feta cheese, black olives, and veggies
11. Salmon fish topped with hummus, really superb and crunchy!
12. Roasted chicken topped with hummus dip
13. Mashed potatoes with hummus, just perfect
14. Mediterranean pasta with hummus
15. Cucumber rolls with hummus and Sun-dried tomato sauce
16. Hummus is called Blanket stew. It is a comfort food for those who don’t have blankets
17. Hummus-inspired desserts, like Spicy hummus cake. Lip-smacking
18. Hummus-flavored Ice cream. Yummy!
19. Spicy hummus muffins
20. Chickpeas Salad with hummus and olives dressing
Hummus is so easy to make your own
Home-made hummus is a perfect dish in all respects. To make traditional recipe, you need a can of chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, salt, lemon juice and a food processor to blend these ingredients. I have already shared a delicious hummus recipe that you can read by clicking here.
A List of restaurants for ordering Hummus
If you are unable to make this Arabic dish on your own for any reason, you can order this delectable dip from several restaurants. Here is a list of some restaurants in UAE that serve this mind-blowing spread or dip:
Papaorder Blog explores the food culture of various nations while the main focus is on Arabic culinary style and culture.More about blog
Copyright © 2019 Papaorder. All rights reserved.